Greg Boyed is leaving TVNZ's evening show Seven Sharp, the state broadcaster says.
Mr Boyed has been a presenter on the programme since it started earlier this year.
TVNZ's Head of News and Current Affairs John Gillespie said Boyed would leave the show at the end of this week.
"Greg has enjoyed his time on Seven Sharp but feels most at home working on Tonight, which is where he will return from the week commencing Monday, September 9," Gillespie said.
"He wants to acknowledge the great team of people he was worked with on the show, in particular, his two colleagues Ali Mau and Jesse Mulligan.
"I respect Greg's decision and understand that this move is the right fit for him."
Seven Sharp will be sticking with a three presenter format and the search for a replacement will start soon, TVNZ says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker