UPDATE 9.45am: Telecom says the problem has been resolved.
Some affected customers might have to turn their modem off and on again to resume service.
The outage was caused by problems with planned server maintenance.
Telecom says approximately half of its broadband customers are having trouble connecting to the internet this morning.
The problem arose early today during planned maintenance on one of Telecom’s broadband servers, the company says.
The problem first hit around 6.30am.
A "portion of affected customers" are back online, Telecom says.
The company is working to restore other connections but has supplied no estimated time.
"The issue was quickly identified and our technicians have been working over the past three hours to resume connectivity.
Telecom is issuing updates via its Twitter account.
A spokeswoman told NBR the problem appeared to be nationwide.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- John Key says further RMA will be needed - but he needs a mandate to do so
- Craigs' Mohandeep Singh on Bapcor's takeover offer for Hellaby
- ‘Most people over 50 don’t understand New Zealand history’ – Geoff Wane on why the Hobson’s Choice campaign is so wrong-headed
- Wynyard: Shareholders Association John Hawkins - shareholders learning a pretty hard lesson
- Lance Wiggs on who's to blame for the Wynyard collapse