UPDATE 9.45am: Telecom says the problem has been resolved.
Some affected customers might have to turn their modem off and on again to resume service.
The outage was caused by problems with planned server maintenance.
Telecom says approximately half of its broadband customers are having trouble connecting to the internet this morning.
The problem arose early today during planned maintenance on one of Telecom’s broadband servers, the company says.
The problem first hit around 6.30am.
A "portion of affected customers" are back online, Telecom says.
The company is working to restore other connections but has supplied no estimated time.
"The issue was quickly identified and our technicians have been working over the past three hours to resume connectivity.
Telecom is issuing updates via its Twitter account.
A spokeswoman told NBR the problem appeared to be nationwide.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson
- John Glengarry says the Lacoste trade mark battle has brought certainty to trade mark law
- Folded arms greet Tillerson in Mexico and travel ban update delayed, on Trump's Beltway
- Stewart Germann and Gehan Gunasekara go head-to-head on the franchising debate
- Rob Hosking rates Jacinda Ardern's chances in Mt Albert