Does Labour's Trevor Mallard have the quiet but forceful diplomatic skills to be Speaker?
Well, who knows. But yesterday he showed he can still dish it out on Twitter - although many would say Russel Norman got the better of this exchange, which began with the Green Pary co-leader reminding Mallard it was Labour who signed off on Novopay.
Labour and the Greens might be partners in a future MMP government, but don't look for Trevor and Russel to hold hands any time soon.
Click to enlarge:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- English: I’m not going anywhere
- Ardern: new government will follow Labour's immigration policy, not NZ First's
- What's in the Labour/NZ First agreement for businesses? Not much, so far
- Kermadec Ocean Sanctuary plan still on the table: Shaw
- All Whites are long odds vs Peru in FIFA qualifier but NZ gets tourism payback
Most listened to
- Lewis Road ceo Peter Cullinane says Southern Pastures was the best fit of potential investors they spoke to
- Telecommunications Users Association's Craig Young says Vocus are getting ready for a familiar experience, getting sold
- Labour leader Jacinda Ardern and NZ First leader Winston Peters discuss their foreign ownership plans
- Rodney Hide, unlike the public, is unsurprised at the insanity of politics
- Jacqueline Rowarth on how food production advances have influenced our consumption habits
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily