Harbour Asset Management has taken out the Morningstar New Zealand Fund Manager of the Year 2017 award for the second year in a row.
Independent fund research company Morningstar says Harbour is one of the best stewards of New Zealand investors’ money. It was also a finalist in the domestic equities and fixed interest categories.
“The shop applies a detailed, well-thought-out investment process to all its funds, has an open and transparent approach, and has consistently delivered market-leading longer-term returns,” Morningstar's Chris Douglas says.
Harbour Asset managing director Andrew Bascand says winning the title for the second consecutive year validates his team’s goal to be the “most trusted in the industry.”
“New Zealand’s capital market continues to be vibrant. I hope we can continue to attract talented people to become investment managers and custodians, to safeguard and grow the savings of New Zealanders."
In the other four categories, ASB Bank won the KiwiSaver fund manager category, the fixed interest category went to AMP Capital, Devon Funds Management won the domestic equities category and Elevation Capital took out the international equities category.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Fonterra Shareholders' Council chairman Duncan Coull says new study needed to restore confidence among shareholders
- Spoke Phone chief executive Jason Kerr explains what his app can offer
- Accountants give their first impressions of Labour's Tax Working Group
- Calida Smylie runs the rule over Air NZ's handling of the Dreamliner engine debacle
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker