Harbour Asset Management has taken out the Morningstar New Zealand Fund Manager of the Year 2017 award for the second year in a row.
Independent fund research company Morningstar says Harbour is one of the best stewards of New Zealand investors’ money. It was also a finalist in the domestic equities and fixed interest categories.
“The shop applies a detailed, well-thought-out investment process to all its funds, has an open and transparent approach, and has consistently delivered market-leading longer-term returns,” Morningstar's Chris Douglas says.
Harbour Asset managing director Andrew Bascand says winning the title for the second consecutive year validates his team’s goal to be the “most trusted in the industry.”
“New Zealand’s capital market continues to be vibrant. I hope we can continue to attract talented people to become investment managers and custodians, to safeguard and grow the savings of New Zealanders."
In the other four categories, ASB Bank won the KiwiSaver fund manager category, the fixed interest category went to AMP Capital, Devon Funds Management won the domestic equities category and Elevation Capital took out the international equities category.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Auckland Council treasurer John Bishop on selling bonds offshore
- No harm in trying for overseas listings, says NZX CEO Mark Peterson
- Metro Performance Glass boss Nigel Rigby discusses the firm's half-year result
- OMF Karl Arns is expecting a dry summer to have a negative impact on dairy production
- Jacqueline Rowarth addresses how scientists can ensure their findings are correctly represented in the media
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker – updated daily