Harbour Asset Management has taken out the Morningstar New Zealand Fund Manager of the Year 2017 award for the second year in a row.
Independent fund research company Morningstar says Harbour is one of the best stewards of New Zealand investors’ money. It was also a finalist in the domestic equities and fixed interest categories.
“The shop applies a detailed, well-thought-out investment process to all its funds, has an open and transparent approach, and has consistently delivered market-leading longer-term returns,” Morningstar's Chris Douglas says.
Harbour Asset managing director Andrew Bascand says winning the title for the second consecutive year validates his team’s goal to be the “most trusted in the industry.”
“New Zealand’s capital market continues to be vibrant. I hope we can continue to attract talented people to become investment managers and custodians, to safeguard and grow the savings of New Zealanders."
In the other four categories, ASB Bank won the KiwiSaver fund manager category, the fixed interest category went to AMP Capital, Devon Funds Management won the domestic equities category and Elevation Capital took out the international equities category.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- New Warehouse executive explains his $150k Trump donation
- NBR Rich List family unable to settle dispute over $264k
- Bribery scandal shrouds owner of Scott Tech
- Another multi-million dollar claim casts a shadow over Carter Holt Harvey
- Cooperative Bank posts flat annual earnings as shrinking margins offset lending growth
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- FMA's Rob Everett says confidence in capital markets is increasing
- NBR's Rob Hosking says housing and debt are the two things people haven't grasped about Budget 2017
- FNZC's John Norling on last week's star stocks and this week's outlook
- RedShield founder explains what makes his cyber service so attractive to Fortune 500 companies
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker