Internet Party Leader Laila Harre will stand in John Key’s Helensville electorate, the Internet Party said in a statement this evening.
Mr Key holds Helensville with a 20,066 majority, making it one of the safest seats in the country.
The Internet Party leaders' strategy is not so much to win the seat as embarrass the PM. She says she wants to debate Mr Key at candidate meetings in his own electorate "away from his army of spin doctors."
“I'll be asking him to explain his Government’s relationship with Hollywood and Sky City. I’ll be asking him to tell us what’s in the TPPA he is negotiating behind closed doors and to open the books on our intelligence relationships,” she says.
Ms Harre is also first on Internet Mana's combined list, putting her in contention to enter Parliament if Mana leader Hone Harawira holds his Te Tai Tokerau electorate.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel
- Beertown.nz founder Martin Craig on craft beer growth
- Difficult though it is for political insiders to accept, few New Zealanders are particularly engaged in Election 2017
- Trent Fulcher on how Heartland's investment will boost Fuelled
- Nevil Gibson explains why Kraft Heinz walked away so quickly from its $US143 billion takeover bid for Unilever