What is it that makes Millbrook such a wonderfully desirable place to buy a section right now when much of the rest of the guilt-edged real estate market seems to have caught a nasty disease?
Surely not just because Bill Clinton played there.
But confirmed sales for December saw $8.8 million worth of Millbrook real estate go to what Millbrook executive Ben O'Malley says were keen buyers.
Three sections sold, along with two Millbrook cottages and a luxury "fairway home."
Some were to overseas investors.
Mr O'Malley said the sales were evidence that people are prepared to pay a premium for the quality that Millbrook offers. Some of the sections were "re-sales" where the latest buyer has paid as much as 20% over and above what the previous owner paid. He said the lower exchange rate and lower interest rates had been factors in attracting overseas buyers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Damien Grant on a disturbing trend in the insolvency game
- Westland Milk chairman Matt O’Regan says the co-op's performance in the 2015/16 season was "less than desirable"
- Airwork’s Hugh Jones on his reasons for selling
- John Key warns "Hobson Pledge" group similar to Trump
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch