Online prediction market iPredict has launched a contract asking punters to bet on whether John Key will give a tacit nod for National Party voters to throw their support behind the Act Party's John Banks in Epsom.
Such a nod would, according to an NBR poll, give Mr Bank's bid to win the seat - and secure parliamentary representation for Act - a substantial boost.
The contract pays out under a variety of subtle and blatant signals from the Prime Minister, including a shared cup of tea between Messrs Key and Banks.
In early trading the iPredict market had odds of 83% for Mr Key to make such an endorsement, and this morning trading pushed the changes to 94%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sky TV boss John Fellet says he's happy to sign a contract with Spark
- Shareholders Association chairman John Hawkins says all shareholders should question rising executive pay
- Snowball Effect has appointed former Russell McVeagh lawyer and technology marketer Peter Thomson as head of digital
- Hobson Wealth’s James Grigor on how Air NZ can deal to competition
- Westpac's Sarah Drought says the usually dry summer months have fared well for dairy farmers, due to a wet spring