Online prediction market iPredict has launched a contract asking punters to bet on whether John Key will give a tacit nod for National Party voters to throw their support behind the Act Party's John Banks in Epsom.
Such a nod would, according to an NBR poll, give Mr Bank's bid to win the seat - and secure parliamentary representation for Act - a substantial boost.
The contract pays out under a variety of subtle and blatant signals from the Prime Minister, including a shared cup of tea between Messrs Key and Banks.
In early trading the iPredict market had odds of 83% for Mr Key to make such an endorsement, and this morning trading pushed the changes to 94%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- ACT's David Seymour on his party's future and his role in opposition
- RBNZ to keep its head down and hold interest rates this Thursday, Rob Hosking says
- Fonterra chairman John Wilson explains the big jump in executive remuneration
- Nevil Gibson examines the low turnout in Maori seats
- Synlait MD John Penno on adding value, moving up from commodity products
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker