Online prediction market iPredict has launched a contract asking punters to bet on whether John Key will give a tacit nod for National Party voters to throw their support behind the Act Party's John Banks in Epsom.
Such a nod would, according to an NBR poll, give Mr Bank's bid to win the seat - and secure parliamentary representation for Act - a substantial boost.
The contract pays out under a variety of subtle and blatant signals from the Prime Minister, including a shared cup of tea between Messrs Key and Banks.
In early trading the iPredict market had odds of 83% for Mr Key to make such an endorsement, and this morning trading pushed the changes to 94%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker