Nufarm has confirmed that Japanese company Sumitomo Chemical has acquired 20% stake in the company.
Early last month, Nufarm shareholders approved the acquisition of up to 20% of the company at $A14 a share.
Sumitomo’s strongest business focus was in insecticides and fungicides – small market sectors for Nufarm.
In March, Nufarm indicated it would undertake a $A250 million equity capital raising with a renounceable entitlement offer to all sharesholders, following Sumitomo’s offer.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker