Nufarm has confirmed that Japanese company Sumitomo Chemical has acquired 20% stake in the company.
Early last month, Nufarm shareholders approved the acquisition of up to 20% of the company at $A14 a share.
Sumitomo’s strongest business focus was in insecticides and fungicides – small market sectors for Nufarm.
In March, Nufarm indicated it would undertake a $A250 million equity capital raising with a renounceable entitlement offer to all sharesholders, following Sumitomo’s offer.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Wynyard: Shareholders Association John Hawkins - shareholders learning a pretty hard lesson
- Lance Wiggs on who's to blame for the Wynyard collapse
- Century 21 boss pleads for a pause on more mortgage lending restrictions
- ‘Idea private sector would provide decent, affordable housing a myth from colonial period on’ – Big Smoke author Ben Schrader
- BNZ's Jason Wong says the consistent message from the US Fed about a likely December cut is pushing the USD up