The crew of a Jetstar flight from Melbourne have been held hostage in Shanghai by angry passengers after a delay.
Passengers bailed up the crew and pilot in a section of the arrivals area for six hours and refused to let them leave.
Jetstar told the passengers there would be a delay of their flight to Beijing because of fog.
The cabin manager for the flight and Jetstar ground crew who spoke fluent Mandarin were able to communicate with the passengers and eventually defuse the situation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rocket Lab's Peter Beck on his company's second test launch surprise
- Rod Snodgrass explains why tertiary education isn't everything to employers
- CFO Reuben Casey discusses Kathmandu's improved annual results
- Simply Group boss Murray Dyer explains why the company is launching into risk management and trading
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker