The crew of a Jetstar flight from Melbourne have been held hostage in Shanghai by angry passengers after a delay.
Passengers bailed up the crew and pilot in a section of the arrivals area for six hours and refused to let them leave.
Jetstar told the passengers there would be a delay of their flight to Beijing because of fog.
The cabin manager for the flight and Jetstar ground crew who spoke fluent Mandarin were able to communicate with the passengers and eventually defuse the situation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 34 featuring Hayden Cox
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson