Telecom IT and telco services division Gen-i has confirmed industry rumour that a round of redundances is underway.
“At Gen-i we are constantly reviewing the way our business operates, to enable growth and to meet the current and future needs of our clients - which is standard business practice," a spokeswoman told NBR.
"We can confirm we are in consultation with a small number of our 2500 staff as part of this ongoing change. However we do not discuss personal employment details at an individual level.”
A definition of "small" was not immediately forthcoming.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OPINION: Initial observations on the Dotcom decision
- Hotels, motels facing 150% plus council rates increases to fund Ateed
- Sky TV-Vodafone merger: Competition lawyer rates odds of success for Spark's last-minute legal challenge
- Chinese crackdown helps Comvita to first-half loss
- PWC confirms OPI cash, finally
Most listened to
- Land Rover's severing of ties with Dan Carter is ‘a template for the way in which these things should be handled’
- Rick Shera - 'I suspect Kim Dotcom and his lawyers will be visiting the Supreme Court more than once'
- Tourism Association head Chris Roberts explains why the accommodation industry will fight 150% council rates rises
- PGG Wrightson CEO Mark Dewdney on the tough first-half but brightening outlook
- Competition lawyer Andy Matthews' rates Spark's chance of success with its Skyfone legal challenge