Telecom IT and telco services division Gen-i has confirmed industry rumour that a round of redundances is underway.
“At Gen-i we are constantly reviewing the way our business operates, to enable growth and to meet the current and future needs of our clients - which is standard business practice," a spokeswoman told NBR.
"We can confirm we are in consultation with a small number of our 2500 staff as part of this ongoing change. However we do not discuss personal employment details at an individual level.”
A definition of "small" was not immediately forthcoming.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ardern cruises to Mt Albert victory, bringing Huo into Parliament
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall, Warehouse and Mercury NZ drop while Air NZ gains
- More booze on New Zealand shelves in 2016 as craft beer in demand
- Carry on: Xiamen for Auckland, Cathay for Christchurch, Virgin for HK and more
- Hidesight: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Joanna Blatstone and Neil Parischa
- Rodney Hide: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
- Stewart Germann and Gehan Gunasekara go head-to-head on the franchising debate
- Racism lies behind Little’s kaupapa Maori attack, says Matthew Hooton