New Zealanders have proved they punch well above their weight creatively in this year’s Big Won Report released in London overnight.
The annual Big Won Report tracks performance of marketing communications agencies across all media categories and disciplines throughout the year. It is based on award show results.
Omnicom subsidiary Colenso BBDO took the top spot for the first time in New Zealand’s history.
The No 1 ranking makes this country 10th in the world overall, proving it fares exceptionally well against agencies up to 10 times its size.
Colenso was fifth last year.
The Auckland agency had a huge year in 2012, winning New Zealand’s CAANZ Grand Axis award for its Doppelganger campaign, along with several Effie awards, Spikes Asia and the Diamond Echo award.
Despite being well awarded creatively, the agency did not win the New Zealand’s top spot for most effective agency, which last year when to rival DDB.
DDB, which is also part of the Omnicom network, was ranked 10th in the Asia/Pacific region in the Big Won Report.
Colenso’s work for DB Breweries’ Monteith’s brand was 17th equal in campaigns across all media channels.
The agency’s creative chairman Nick Worthington was second in the world, falling from his 2011 No 1 spot.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nikko analyst Michael Sherrock on why he still has hope for Fletcher Building
- John Fellet on Sky's poor first half
- Tower chairman Michael Stiassny weighs up Suncorp's rival bid
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- E tu Union industry coordinator Chas Muir is urging Cadbury supporters to take action
- Social bonds "will make a difference to communities," says APM CEO Karen Came