New Zealanders have proved they punch well above their weight creatively in this year’s Big Won Report released in London overnight.
The annual Big Won Report tracks performance of marketing communications agencies across all media categories and disciplines throughout the year. It is based on award show results.
Omnicom subsidiary Colenso BBDO took the top spot for the first time in New Zealand’s history.
The No 1 ranking makes this country 10th in the world overall, proving it fares exceptionally well against agencies up to 10 times its size.
Colenso was fifth last year.
The Auckland agency had a huge year in 2012, winning New Zealand’s CAANZ Grand Axis award for its Doppelganger campaign, along with several Effie awards, Spikes Asia and the Diamond Echo award.
Despite being well awarded creatively, the agency did not win the New Zealand’s top spot for most effective agency, which last year when to rival DDB.
DDB, which is also part of the Omnicom network, was ranked 10th in the Asia/Pacific region in the Big Won Report.
Colenso’s work for DB Breweries’ Monteith’s brand was 17th equal in campaigns across all media channels.
The agency’s creative chairman Nick Worthington was second in the world, falling from his 2011 No 1 spot.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker