Listed Kiwi Income Property Trust has purchased West Auckland's LynnMall shopping centre for $174 million from AMP Capital Property.
The 1963 built mall has 110 tenants including Farmers, Whitcoulls, Hallensteins, House of Travel and a variety of eateries.
At the moment 99.6% of the shopping centre's 30,661sq m is tenanted.
The purchase will be funded by debt, raising Kiwi Income Property Trust's net gearing by 6% to 31%.
"LynnMall provides us with an opportunity to apply our proven active asset management model to improve the centre's attractiveness and competitiveness to shoppers and tenants alike.,” Kiwi Income Property Trust chief executive Chris Gudgeon said.
"In acquiring this asset, we have already identified potential opportunities to enhance the centre and its retail mix by drawing on our extensive network of national and international retailers,”
This adds to the trust's existing shopping centre assets including Sylvia Park, Centre Place in Hamilton and The Plaza in Palmerston North.
The transaction is expected to settle on December 31 and will need Overseas Investment Office approval.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- MediaWorks has won a case against a former sales manager, Victoria Young reports
- Security expert Daniel Ayers on the 'Krack' wi-fi vulnerability scare
- Century 21 national manager Geoff Barnett discusses banks' increasingly cautious approach to even pre-approved home buyers
- NZ Beef and Lamb chairman James Parsons on what an NZ/EU FTA would mean for the beef sector
- Retirement expert Barry LaValley on misconceptions of your "golden years"
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily