Listed Kiwi Income Property Trust has purchased West Auckland's LynnMall shopping centre for $174 million from AMP Capital Property.
The 1963 built mall has 110 tenants including Farmers, Whitcoulls, Hallensteins, House of Travel and a variety of eateries.
At the moment 99.6% of the shopping centre's 30,661sq m is tenanted.
The purchase will be funded by debt, raising Kiwi Income Property Trust's net gearing by 6% to 31%.
"LynnMall provides us with an opportunity to apply our proven active asset management model to improve the centre's attractiveness and competitiveness to shoppers and tenants alike.,” Kiwi Income Property Trust chief executive Chris Gudgeon said.
"In acquiring this asset, we have already identified potential opportunities to enhance the centre and its retail mix by drawing on our extensive network of national and international retailers,”
This adds to the trust's existing shopping centre assets including Sylvia Park, Centre Place in Hamilton and The Plaza in Palmerston North.
The transaction is expected to settle on December 31 and will need Overseas Investment Office approval.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Meridian CEO Mark Binns on what will happen to the freed-up Tiwai load
- Nevil Gibson discusses the importance of the first Israeli PM's visit to Australia
- Using a school farm or MOTAT land for more housing? TOP Mt Albert by-election candidate Geoff Simmons says its worth concidering
- Ebos CEO Patrick Davies on potential acquisitions and the latest results
- Penny Pepperell explains the Court of Appeal's latest Pike River decision