Labtests has seen its website taken over by a Turkish hacker this morning.
The hacker has plastered messages all over the sites home page, and subsections.
Labtests CEO Don Nicholson told NBR ONLINE he was still gathering information on the scope of the attack, and when it happened (NBR was first alerted by a reader at 6.43am).
The CEO said Labtests.co.nz was purely an information page. It had no direct links to blood test results or other patient data.
Australian-owned Labtests was controversially awarded the Auckland District Health Board (DHB) testing contract in 2009, displacing Diagnostic Medlabs.
Today seems a case of bad timing. When NBR phoned the Labtests head office in Auckland, it was told the IT manager was off sick today.
At 8.45am, Mr Nicholson told NBR Labtests.co.nz would be taken offline shortly.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation