Labtests has seen its website taken over by a Turkish hacker this morning.
The hacker has plastered messages all over the sites home page, and subsections.
Labtests CEO Don Nicholson told NBR ONLINE he was still gathering information on the scope of the attack, and when it happened (NBR was first alerted by a reader at 6.43am).
The CEO said Labtests.co.nz was purely an information page. It had no direct links to blood test results or other patient data.
Australian-owned Labtests was controversially awarded the Auckland District Health Board (DHB) testing contract in 2009, displacing Diagnostic Medlabs.
Today seems a case of bad timing. When NBR phoned the Labtests head office in Auckland, it was told the IT manager was off sick today.
At 8.45am, Mr Nicholson told NBR Labtests.co.nz would be taken offline shortly.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Scales Corp CEO Andy Borland assesses likely immigration cuts
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- Nevil Gibson's back on Wall Street's darkest day and what has happened since
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily