Labtests has seen its website taken over by a Turkish hacker this morning.
The hacker has plastered messages all over the sites home page, and subsections.
Labtests CEO Don Nicholson told NBR ONLINE he was still gathering information on the scope of the attack, and when it happened (NBR was first alerted by a reader at 6.43am).
The CEO said Labtests.co.nz was purely an information page. It had no direct links to blood test results or other patient data.
Australian-owned Labtests was controversially awarded the Auckland District Health Board (DHB) testing contract in 2009, displacing Diagnostic Medlabs.
Today seems a case of bad timing. When NBR phoned the Labtests head office in Auckland, it was told the IT manager was off sick today.
At 8.45am, Mr Nicholson told NBR Labtests.co.nz would be taken offline shortly.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker