Professional mediator Penny Mudford is the new head of the Institute of Financial Advisers.
She is a former ceo of the Arbitrators and Mediators Institute who now runs her own dispute resolution business, Resolution World.
IFA board chairman Tony Vidler says the institute chose Ms Mudford because she has a strong background in professional standards, ethics and professional conduct.
“Her knowledge and experience of how professionals operate and what makes them professionals will be very valuable to the IFA and its members.”
Ms Mudford says Resolution World and various other board appointments keep her busy at the moment but she is looking forward to her new role at IFA.
Mr Vidler says Ms Mudford will be able to deal with the challenges of developing the IFA.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Fonterra chief executive Theo Spierings is confident on the outlook for farmers though challenges remain
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: One of Andy Hamilton’s "very contentious" Budget wishes is for greater regulation of "pockets of our economy"
- Phil Twyford may have said the Point England development bill is just "nuts," but Bill English thinks opposition is "just dumb"
- Budget 2017: Grant Thornton's Murray Brewer thinks the IRD's new tax software should make its work easier and more efficient
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on Forsyth Barr downgrading Steel & Tube
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker