MediaWorks is adding a delayed coverage version of entertainment channel FOUR.
Spokeswoman Rachel Lorimer says this is not a replacement for music video channel C4.
"We are expanding our offering of TV channels, and there will be two new channels launched later this year; FOURplus1 and Edge TV" she says.
FOURplus1 will launch next month, Edge TV l — a radio with pictures effort for a MediaWorks radio station — will launch later this year.
“As part of these changes, C4 will be coming to an end, but neither channel is a direct swap for C4."
Like the existing TV3 Plus 1 channel, the new channel will be an exact duplicate of FOUR, broadcast an hour later.
MediaWorks TV chief executive Paul Maher says the channel provides more choice and flexibility for viewers, and increased reach for advertisers.
MediaWorks says TV3 Plus1 has contributed 8% to TV3’s primetime share of the key 25-54 year old audience. A similar boost is expected for FOUR following the launch of FOUR Plus 1.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Wynyard: Shareholders Association John Hawkins - shareholders learning a pretty hard lesson
- Lance Wiggs on who's to blame for the Wynyard collapse
- Century 21 boss pleads for a pause on more mortgage lending restrictions
- ‘Idea private sector would provide decent, affordable housing a myth from colonial period on’ – Big Smoke author Ben Schrader
- BNZ's Jason Wong says the consistent message from the US Fed about a likely December cut is pushing the USD up