MediaWorks has confirmed speculation that Dominic Bowden will host the X Factor NZ, which will screen on TV3 next year.
Mr Bowden, who has deejayed for MediaWorks radio stations, is currently working in Los Angeles with The X Factor USA (currently screening on TV3, Thursdays and Fridays). MediaWorks told NBR he was involved in "behind the scenes production work" on the US show.
He has previously hosted a primetime network show on American television, The Next Great American Band.
On September 14, NZ On Air said it had awarded X-Factor NZ $1.6 million in taxpayer funding, the same amount given to TVNZ's NZ's Got Talent - another show that is part of an international franchise.
Labour's Clare Curran rubbished the decision.
“NZ on Air is clearly bowing to pressure from the two major commercial networks to fund “commercially attractive” programme content at the expensive of its many other public service broadcasting responsibilities," she said.
"There are plenty of other original New Zealand arts, entertainment, prime-time projects begging for NZ on Air funding - and they should be given priority."
MediaWorks said NZ on Air would be a "miniority funder" for X Factor NZ, but declined to give the show's full budget.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Xero makes a special alteration to rival's billboard
- Snowball appoints head of growth capital
- Xero wins plaudits for artificial intelligence product suite with revenue potential
- Immigration watchdog says unemployed Kiwis failing to step up in jobs market
- Biz Dojo expands its Wellington presence; eyes offshore
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Failure to set up any significant public-private partnerships for infrastructure is "really disappointing," says Paul Glass
- Serko’s Darrin Grafton says the company can use its SME platform to expand globally
- Trump travels overseas selling jobs as North Korea continues to lash out, on Trump’s Beltway with Nathan Smith
- Nick Shewring says co-working attracts "awesome people doing cool things"
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker