MediaWorks has set a date to launch its The Edge TV offering for Freeview and Sky.
The move coincides with the phaseout of C4 but MediaWorks' Rachel Lorimer says it is not a replacement for it.
The entertainment channel will use existing Edge radio hosts filmed in a new onsite studio.
It will also be available to stream online on computers, mobile and tablet devices.
A TV version of The Edge Fat 40 will run on the weekends hosted by afternoons hosts Guy Williams, Sharyn Casey and Clint Roberts.
Nightshow hosts Marty Hehewerth and Stephanie Monks will count down the top five videos in Hot Right Now.
MediaWorks says more people listen to The Edge, visit the website, mobile App and interact through social media or local teams, than any other radio brand in the country.
Earlier this month MediaWorks announced its other entertainment channel FOUR will get a delayed coverage channel which runs the same content an hour later.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker