Ponsonby-loving Metro magazine has plugged a fish shop that is not yet open.
Under its Best of Auckland food section, where it rates the top food outlets in the city, Metro awards "best fishmonger" to Jimmy Gerard of Jassid Fish.
"Look for his new stall at Ponsonby Central, under the name Jimmy the Fish," the blurb reads.
When NBR ONLINE visited Ponsonby Central, it found Mr Gerard's stall boarded up with plywood, with flyers tacked onto the board reading: "Jimmy the Fish. Coming Soon."
Some readers might think Mr Gerard was given the award for his Jimmy the Fish stall.
Part of Metro's take on yet-to-be-opened-for-business Jimmy the Fish
But Metro editor Simon Wilson says that is not so. They gave Mr Gerard the award based on his work at the La Cigale market in Parnell.
"We've written about him before. He's just changed the name and he's opening a new location. But we know his work and how he operates."
Mr Wilson says Metro wanted to stay up to date with Mr Gerard's latest store name, so they included a mention of that.
"It's not a brand new place so much as a relocation of an existing place."
So that's all right then.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation