Ponsonby-loving Metro magazine has plugged a fish shop that is not yet open.
Under its Best of Auckland food section, where it rates the top food outlets in the city, Metro awards "best fishmonger" to Jimmy Gerard of Jassid Fish.
"Look for his new stall at Ponsonby Central, under the name Jimmy the Fish," the blurb reads.
When NBR ONLINE visited Ponsonby Central, it found Mr Gerard's stall boarded up with plywood, with flyers tacked onto the board reading: "Jimmy the Fish. Coming Soon."
Some readers might think Mr Gerard was given the award for his Jimmy the Fish stall.
Part of Metro's take on yet-to-be-opened-for-business Jimmy the Fish
But Metro editor Simon Wilson says that is not so. They gave Mr Gerard the award based on his work at the La Cigale market in Parnell.
"We've written about him before. He's just changed the name and he's opening a new location. But we know his work and how he operates."
Mr Wilson says Metro wanted to stay up to date with Mr Gerard's latest store name, so they included a mention of that.
"It's not a brand new place so much as a relocation of an existing place."
So that's all right then.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Cooperative Bank posts flat annual earnings as shrinking margins offset lending growth
- Legal snags mount for Goff's proposed rates increase for hotels and motels
- NBR Rich List family unable to settle dispute over $264k
- New Warehouse executive explains his $150k Trump donation
- Trump will probably win re-election in 2020
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker