MetService has advised a storm combined with tonight’s king tides is likely to cause localised coastal flooding.
Auckland Civil Defence expects that waves will affect Tamaki Drive and low lying properties may be affected at Kohimarama and Maraetai.
High tide on the east coast is at 10.09pm tonight.
Auckland Transport is advising motorists to watch out for possible surface flooding, particularly along Tamaki Drive.
Cyclists using the shared path along the north western motorway should also be aware some areas could be flooded.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Vodafone promises 'all the free mobile data your household needs' if landline broadband goes down
- Bitter family fallout over $4m Hawke’s Bay farm
- Angel investment up 17% this year
- Experts say Auckland Council not spending enough on social media
- Friedlanders in $2m dispute with Mainzeal owner Richina Pacific
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 34 featuring Hayden Cox
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson