A bid by Sir Michael Hill’s family for a partial takeover of the company he founded has attracted strong interest from other Michael Hill International shareholders.
Durante Holdings is the holding company for the 47.63% of shares in Michael Hill International (MHI) currently held by interests associated with Mr Hill.
It has offered 90c a share for 10.03 million MHI shares, which would increase its holding to 50.2%.
Durante announced today its partial takeover offer has met all the requirements of the offer and is now unconditional.
The offer, which closes today, had received acceptances for 12,136,499 shares as of this morning at 10.30am.
As a result of acceptances exceeding the number of shares sought, scaling will be undertaken in accordance with the offer document.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rob Hosking's take on the Election 2017 provisional result, and what's likely to happen next
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Nick Shewring
- Shane Solly on what higher government bond yields mean for local equities
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker