Microsoft New Zealand managing director Kevin Ackhurst will take two months long service leave from February, the company announced today.
Business, marketing and operations director Paul Muckleston will act as managing director for the period February 11 to April 12.
Mr Muckleston - formerly in charge of Microsoft NZ's small business sales wing - recently returned from a long period with Microsoft Eastern European operation to take charge of the local marketing effort.
Mr Ackhurst became eligible for long service leave three years ago. He will be running Microsoft New Zealand again as of April 19.
In a letter to company partners and customers, Mr Ackhurst said; “My time away will create opportunities for some highly capable people to step up into a variety of roles and new responsibilities. I’m confident that my timing is right with the turn in our economy and our business being in good shape.
“While he [Paul] steps into my shoes a number of others will also step up into acting roles. Services director David Downs will take on Paul’s role and be acting business, marketing and operations director. Resource practice manager Tapio Sorsa will fill David’s role and be Acting Services Director,” Mr Ackhurst said.
On December 22, Microsoft NZ filed its annual result with the Companies Office. Like other techs, it suffered during the meltdown, with profit for the year ended June 30, 2009 fell to $6.4 from 2008's $4.6 million.
Revenue dropped slightly to $68.95 million from 2008's $69.47 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Businiess with Andrew Patterson featuring Dr Clyde Smith
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily