Former Auckland city councillor Paul Goldsmith has been selected as the National Party candidate for Epsom for the November 26 election.
His candidacy follows a background in local government as a former Auckland city councillor (2007-2010) where he advocated for lower rates and safer communities.
He will stand against his former boss, John Banks, who will run in Epsom for Act. Mr Goldsmith wrote Mr Banks' biography in 1997 and Act leader Don Brash's in 2005.
A father of four, Mr Goldsmith is aged 40 and lives in the electorate with his family.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker