Former Auckland city councillor Paul Goldsmith has been selected as the National Party candidate for Epsom for the November 26 election.
His candidacy follows a background in local government as a former Auckland city councillor (2007-2010) where he advocated for lower rates and safer communities.
He will stand against his former boss, John Banks, who will run in Epsom for Act. Mr Goldsmith wrote Mr Banks' biography in 1997 and Act leader Don Brash's in 2005.
A father of four, Mr Goldsmith is aged 40 and lives in the electorate with his family.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation