The governing National Party will campaign for re-election for just four weeks before polling day, Sept 20.
As well as holding the election earlier than usual, the campaign is at the short end of the norm, with five to six weeks campaigns more common.
The party will launch its campaign in Auckland on Sunday, Aug 24, the party advised today.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- First Retail Group's Chris Wilkinson on Pumpkin Patch's worsening situation
- SkyCity ‘strangling the golden goose’
- The Prime Minister says National will "put up a good showing if we can" in the Roskill by-election
- Dick Quax challenges Phil Goff on housing market. He explains what he wants the mayor-elect to do