The governing National Party will campaign for re-election for just four weeks before polling day, Sept 20.
As well as holding the election earlier than usual, the campaign is at the short end of the norm, with five to six weeks campaigns more common.
The party will launch its campaign in Auckland on Sunday, Aug 24, the party advised today.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Scales Corp CEO Andy Borland assesses likely immigration cuts
- Forsyth Barr’s Kevin Stirrat talks through the market reaction to the new government
- Iron Duke director Phil O'Reilly on how concerned businesses should be about the new Labour-led government
- New Sky TV NZ director Mike Darcey on the skills he brings from Sky UK, and what it's like working for Rupert Murdoch
- Nevil Gibson's back on Wall Street's darkest day and what has happened since
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily