This is a supplied media release.
Born and raised in France, chef Arnaud Mallet brings a fresh French flair to the Vintners Room Restaurant at Heritage Collection Marlborough Vintners, Blenheim.
Classically trained in French cuisine and with a background in fine restaurants in France, Mr Mallet has also travelled and cooked in the Caribbean and lately was based in Melbourne.
Mr Mallet started his career as a junior chef working at a family owned restaurant in Paris while studying towards his diploma in cookery and management. The desire to travel saw Mr Mallet work for a variety of restaurants and lodges around the world, but now Mr Mallet would like to call Marlborough home.
"It’s a beautiful place to live and work. Marlborough has everything for a great outdoor lifestyle. The exciting part is to be able to source such fresh and interesting produce right on our doorstep in the hotel’s vegetable garden, orchard and olive grove,” he says. “The produce has a story and I want to tell that story on the plate.”
A keen hunter and gatherer, Mr Mallet is looking forward to utilising the great Marlborough ingredients the region is famous.
With plenty of ideas up his sleeve, he will host a range of dining events including a seven-course chef’s table for every foodie to enjoy, plus, special event banquets for conferences and executive retreats.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter questions whether Pie Funds' performance fee ditching will change the sector
- Craigs’ Mark Lister on the outlook for GDP, net migration
- Lockwood Group managing director Andrew La Grouw hopes to enhance Lockwood’s status as a premium brand
- Retail analyst Chris Wilkinson on how Costco could shake up the retail sector
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker