Cecilia Tarrant has joined the board of the country’s largest listed company - Fletcher Building - as an independent director.
Chairman Ralph Waters announced the appointment, saying she brings an “important legal and financial focus to board considerations with her extensive international investment banking experience.”
Ms Tarrant is an Executive-in-Residence at The University of Auckland Business School with more than 20 years' experience in international banking and finance in the USA and Europe. She has worked as a real estate finance lawyer and as an investment banker with Credit Suisse First Boston and Morgan Stanley, culminating in holding the position of managing director in Morgan Stanley's Global Capital Markets Group in London.
Ms Tarrant has a Bachelor of Arts and Laws Degrees from the University of Auckland, and a Masters Degree in Law from the University of California, at Berkeley. She is admitted as a lawyer to both the New Zealand Bar and the Californian Bar.
She is a trustee of The University of Auckland Foundation and a director of the Government Superannuation Fund Authority.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker