Senior journalist Lisa Owen will ditch TVNZ and join TV3 this year to be host of The Nation.
MediaWorks says Ms Owen will also file stories for 3 News.
TV3 director of news and current affairs Mark Jennings says Ms Owen is one of the country’s top journalists and is “straight shooting and hardworking.”
Ms Owen hosted Agenda for TVNZ and did a stint as the One News European correspondent.
Torben Akel, who was a reporter for The Nation when it was being produced by Front Page, will stay with the show.
Radio NZ's Nicola Kean* will also join The Nation team this year.
The Nation, which received $899,250 in New Zealand On Air funding for 2014, had been producted by production company Front Page was moved in house by MediaWorks.
The current affairs show begins its 2014 season this weekend with political coverage from Patrick Gower and Simon Shepherd.
* This story has been updated from an earlier version which incorrectly stated Elle Hunt was joining The Nation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Lawyer Adina Thorn discusses her decision to launch a class action against Carter Holt Harvey over its Shadowclad product
- Westpac senior economist Satish Ranchhod says student inflows continue to be a big driver of growth
- Volpara chief executive Ralph Highnam on his company's $9.6m loss and fast-growing revenue
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on what analysts are saying about Ebos' $A154m HPS purchase
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker