Senior journalist Lisa Owen will ditch TVNZ and join TV3 this year to be host of The Nation.
MediaWorks says Ms Owen will also file stories for 3 News.
TV3 director of news and current affairs Mark Jennings says Ms Owen is one of the country’s top journalists and is “straight shooting and hardworking.”
Ms Owen hosted Agenda for TVNZ and did a stint as the One News European correspondent.
Torben Akel, who was a reporter for The Nation when it was being produced by Front Page, will stay with the show.
Radio NZ's Nicola Kean* will also join The Nation team this year.
The Nation, which received $899,250 in New Zealand On Air funding for 2014, had been producted by production company Front Page was moved in house by MediaWorks.
The current affairs show begins its 2014 season this weekend with political coverage from Patrick Gower and Simon Shepherd.
* This story has been updated from an earlier version which incorrectly stated Elle Hunt was joining The Nation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Meridian CEO Mark Binns on what will happen to the freed-up Tiwai load
- Nevil Gibson discusses the importance of the first Israeli PM's visit to Australia
- Using a school farm or MOTAT land for more housing? TOP Mt Albert by-election candidate Geoff Simmons says its worth concidering
- Ebos CEO Patrick Davies on potential acquisitions and the latest results
- Penny Pepperell explains the Court of Appeal's latest Pike River decision