Mike DelPrete is joining listed online auction side Trade Me as its new strategy manager.
He is coming from New York, where he has most recently been chief executive of Agora Games, a technology business that builds software for online gaming communities. He has also been acting as an advisor to start-up companies. He is an experienced entrepreneur, including founding Agora Games in 2005, which he then sold to New York City-based Major League Gaming Inc in 2009.
Trade Me chief executive Jon Macdonald said Mr DelPrete will have have responsibility for "developing a pipeline of new interesting ventures for us to consider, as well as coordinating Trade Me’s overall corporate strategy".
He starts at Trade Me immediately.
Trade Me shares [NZX:TME] were flat at $2.89 in late morning trading.
The company listed at $2.70 on December 13.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Zespri's Carol Ward talks about market challenges and innovation.
- Vanguard’s Robin Bowerman on the cluster bomb controversy
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson explains how revenue from streaming of music has doubled in a year
- BNZ CEO Anthony Healy on dairy lending and the bank's annual results
- NZ Oil & Gas chairman Rodger Finlay on exploration, capital and appointing a permanent CEO