At a sustainable vehicle conference in Wellington, Shell appeared as Nissan’s weapon of choice when advertising electric vehicle charging in NZ.
Under the heading ‘Field test of solar panel, storage, quick charge’, the yellow and red stripe blazed strong, yet Private Bin was unaware of any such trial on NZ shores.
A spokesman for new brand owners Greenstone Energy confirmed that the Shell visibility was a happy marketing coincidence, and that the provision of quick solar charging for electric cars was not on the company’s immediate agenda.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- CPA Australian head of policy Paul Drum says business likes political certainty
- Economically, the need is for more immigration. Politically, the pressure is for less
- Forsyth Barr analyst Mike Wyeth on Cavalier's make-or-break 2018
- Nevil Gibson reveals why New Zealand has improved its score as one of the world's freest economies
- Shortland Chambers barrister Jenny Cooper on the perils of insider trading