Nuplex has agreed to buy Bayer's Viverso resin and coating company in Germany for €75 million.
Nuplex CEO, Emery Severin said in a statement to the NZX: “This is a very attractive opportunity for Nuplex and consistent with our strategy to establish leading market positions through value accretive, bolt-on acquisitions. Being a focused, independent resins business, Viverso’s complementary operations are a natural fit with our own European operations.|
“Viverso further strengthens a number of our leading market positions in Europe, particularly in the industrial coatings markets. It also expands our product range and include; Viverso’s environmentally friendly, solvent free, water resistant resins used in construction coatings; resins for putties used in vehicle refinish; and resins offering unique chemical resistance and high temperature performance. We see opportunities to leverage these new products across our global operations." he said.
The agreement includes a range of contracts, between 2 and 10 years in length to manufacture specialty products for Bayer.
Viverso's factory in Bitterfield employs 165 people and would increase Nuplex's regional capacity by 50%.
The price paid is equivalent to 6.5 times EBITA and Nuplex said the purchase was 100% financed by debt.
The transaction is subject to German regulatory approval, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2011.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Xero makes a special alteration to rival's billboard
- Fintech start-ups coy about asking for money at Wellington demo day
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise as blue-chips follow Asia's lead
- Vodafone new sponsor for All Blacks and NZ Rugby
- Dotcom's Seth Rich claim earns him a chance to appear on Sean Hannity's show
Most listened to
- Business leaders on Budget 2017: Theresa Gattung will be disappointed if the Budget doesn’t capitalise on "the biggest opportunity facing NZ"
- NZAMI chairwoman says the government's planned changes to immigration rules will hurt key NZ sectors
- Lewis Gradon explains what contributed to F&P Healthcare's record results
- Vodafone chief executive Russell Stanners won't reveal the financial details of the deal with NZ Rugby
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker