Officially, politics isn’t happening at the moment – MPs are on holiday, political journalists haven’t really started writing serious news stories, and the public is taking a break from all things ideological.
Despite this, there are some interesting developments and stories that are well worth reading.
Chris Trotter certainly isn’t on holiday. In addition to his regular columns, he is also in the midst of a series of fascinating blogposts about the Labour Party leadership. The latest is entitled Behind The Mask: Who's Backing David Shearer - And Why? This post continues on from some other damning critiques: Who Is David Shearer? Revealing The Back-Story To The Back-Story, and The Lazarus Option.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OPINION: Initial observations on the Dotcom decision
- The PM can say whatever he wants – NZ Super Fund chairwoman
- Dan Carter’s 'perfect' PR playbook
- How can Comvita cope with Chinese tax crackdown?
- Sky TV-Vodafone merger: Competition lawyer rates odds of success for Spark's last-minute legal challenge
Most listened to
- Land Rover's severing of ties with Dan Carter is ‘a template for the way in which these things should be handled’
- NZ Super Fund chairwoman Catherine Savage shrugs off the PM's criticism of her board
- Rick Shera - 'I suspect Kim Dotcom and his lawyers will be visiting the Supreme Court more than once'
- Judith Collins on the findings in the IEA's latest five-yearly review of energy policies
- Comvita CEO Scott Coulter on how Chinese regulations have hit the company hard
- NBR’s Campbell Gibson reports on a farming couple’s case against ANZ for interest rate swaps
- New Zealand Bankers' Association chief executive Karen Scott-Howman defends banks' handling of privacy