BUSINESSDESK: NZF Group, the listed company whose NZF Money unit was put in receivership last year, said it has no knowledge of related party transactions at the heart of an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.
“The Board has no knowledge of any related party transactions that could be subject of such an investigation and the CEO has also questioned past executive directors who also confirm that they are not aware of any such related party transactions,” chief executive Mark Thornton said in a statement to the NZX.
The firm will “cooperate fully” with the SFO probe, he said.
NZF shares have sunk 80 percent this year and last traded at 0.6 cents.
The SFO and the Financial Markets Authority “have been assessing a range of allegations relating to the conduct of the group,” the white collar fraud investigator’s chief executive Adam Feeley said.
“The primary focus of the SFO assessment relates to alleged related party transactions between members of the group, its directors and officers” from July 2006 to the present, he said.
“We are satisfied that there are valid grounds for an investigation into the wider group and that there is a legitimate interest in publicly advising investors of this investigation,” Feeley said.
NZF Money was placed into receivership last year owing debenture holders about $16.4 million. At the time it had debenture funding of about $28 million and loans of $29 million.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rocket Lab's Peter Beck on his company's second test launch surprise
- Rod Snodgrass explains why tertiary education isn't everything to employers
- CFO Reuben Casey discusses Kathmandu's improved annual results
- Simply Group boss Murray Dyer explains why the company is launching into risk management and trading
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker