New Zealand Trade & Enterprise has appointed Special Group as its lead ad agency after a pitch.
NZTE marketing director Nick Swallow says the process was run under the new all of government ad services contract.
“We were looking for an agency partner with a strong strategic capability and creative response and the ability to understand what we’re trying to achieve,
“Special demonstrated all three in its pitch.”
Mr Swallow says while Special will work on the New Zealand International Business Awards in New Zealand, its focus will be on international promotion, such as food promotion around Asia.
He says NZTE also works with design & production agency Hawkins & Co.
Special Group managing partner Michael Redwood says helping Kiwi business around the world is inspiring for the agency as it is also a New Zealand entrepreneur.
NZTE already has brand assets developed as part of the “NZ Story” project - a collaboration between NZTE, Tourism NZ and Education NZ. Mr Swallow was acting director of that project.
Some $3 million of funding has gone to "NZ Story" already and has an indicative annual budget for the next financial year of $2.3 million, funded from several government agencies.
That work was done by Assignment Group after initial concepts by Australian branding agency Principals.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Zespri's Carol Ward talks about market challenges and innovation.
- Vanguard’s Robin Bowerman on the cluster bomb controversy
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson explains how revenue from streaming of music has doubled in a year
- BNZ CEO Anthony Healy on dairy lending and the bank's annual results
- NZ Oil & Gas chairman Rodger Finlay on exploration, capital and appointing a permanent CEO