OPEN MIC: The America's Cup - what next?
Welcome to NBR's weekly Friday afternoon Open Mic thread!
After being outclassed in the last campaign, Kiwis watching the America’s Cup this year were hoping for a solid victory. They certainly got that. But where to put the next regatta village? Who should fund this project? And what about the defence?
First up, NBR contributor Matthew Hooton presents his ideas:
What do you think?
Related stories to fill in the blanks:
- Massive economic boost expected from next America's Cup, yacht squadron says
- Aucklanders welcome the Auld Mug home
- Don’t get too hyped about America’s Cup – Property Institute
- More Auckland hotels expected after America's Cup win
- Superyacht bonanza likely in wake of America’s Cup win, marine industry says
- Sky, TVNZ bosses spar over America’s Cup 2020 rights
If this doesn’t float your boat (pun intended), post about anything else you want, ask random questions, whatever.
Have fun, readers!