Welcome to NBR's weekly Friday afternoon Open Mic thread!
This week, everyone's talking about the massive, global ransomware campaign “WannaCry.” Over 150 countries and more than 230,000 computers continue to be targeted by a worm that some suspect was built by organised criminals based on leaked NSA spy tools. Sounds like a terrible Tom Clancy novel...
- What would your company’s exposure to such an attack be? Would it cripple your operations?
- Can the government play a larger role in cyber defence or is private industry really alone on this?
NBR has already published a few stories on this topic. Refresh your memory and get the brain juices flowing at the below links:
- Data held to ransom? Pay up, lawyer says
- 'Accidental hero' stops worldwide ransomware attack
- Lyttelton Port to suspend operations over WannaCry ransomware attack
If the nasty world of cyber isn't your thing, post about anything you want, ask random questions, whatever.
Have fun, readers!
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Matthew Hooton's pick for change
- Tim Hunter on the intriguing takeover battle developing for NZ Oil & Gas
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- Russell McVeagh partner Allison Arthur-Young says she demanded flexible work hours – and got them
- Horizon Research's Grant McInman on potential for tactical voting
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 15, with Grant Walker