Pippa Middleton wants to visit New Zealand next year, according to a post on her blog, but she needs a geography lesson first.
The younger sister of Katie, the Duchess of Cambridge, says competing in the multisport race Coast-to-Coast is on her list of things to do.
"Next year I am hoping to do the Coast-to-Coast in New Zealand, which is a triathlon (running, cycling and kayaking) from the South Island to Sumner Beach on the Pacific."
Actually, the race starts on the West Coast of the South Island and runs across the island, finishing in Sumner Beach in Christchurch.
"It's in February, so I'd better hold back on the food and drink, starting now," her blog says.
The Coast-to-Coast, which involves a 140km cycle, a 36km run and a 67km kayak, can either be a one or two-day event.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ardern cruises to Mt Albert victory, bringing Huo into Parliament
- Carry on: Xiamen for Auckland, Cathay for Christchurch, Virgin for HK and more
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall, Warehouse and Mercury NZ drop while Air NZ gains
- Hooton: Racism lies behind Little’s kaupapa Maori attack
- More franchisees claim to have been duped
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Joanna Blatstone and Neil Parischa
- Rodney Hide: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
- Stewart Germann and Gehan Gunasekara go head-to-head on the franchising debate
- Racism lies behind Little’s kaupapa Maori attack, says Matthew Hooton