Major Hollywood movie studios already get enough concessions and more tax breaks are not needed, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
Prime Minister John Key recently travelled to Los Angeles to meet Hollywood studio executives.
In a poll conducted by NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: Should the government raise the 15% cashback grant used to lure major film productions to New Zealand?
Thirty-three percent said yes, while 67% disagreed.
Mr Key has said bringing large Hollywood to productions here creates jobs for New Zealanders.
However, it has been revealed many of those positions are filled by overseas film workers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rob Hosking's take on the Election 2017 provisional result, and what's likely to happen next
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Nick Shewring
- Gareth Morgan on why TOP failed and what's next for the party
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker