Major Hollywood movie studios already get enough concessions and more tax breaks are not needed, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
Prime Minister John Key recently travelled to Los Angeles to meet Hollywood studio executives.
In a poll conducted by NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: Should the government raise the 15% cashback grant used to lure major film productions to New Zealand?
Thirty-three percent said yes, while 67% disagreed.
Mr Key has said bringing large Hollywood to productions here creates jobs for New Zealanders.
However, it has been revealed many of those positions are filled by overseas film workers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sky TV boss John Fellet says he's happy to sign a contract with Spark
- NZ Shareholders Association chairman John Hawkins says all shareholders should question rising executive pay
- Snowball Effect has appointed former Russell McVeagh lawyer and technology marketer Peter Thomson as Head of Digital
- Hobson Wealth’s James Grigor on how Air NZ can deal to competition
- Westpac's Sarah Drought says the usually dry Summer months have feared will for dairy farmers, due to a wet Spring