NBR ONLINE readers believe increasing the land supply and making resource consents easier is the key to bringing rising house prices under control.
Last week the government issued a response to the Productivity Commissioner's earlier assessment that housing can be made more affordable.
In a poll conducted on NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: What should the government do about rising house prices?
- Nothing. Let the market run its course (26%).
- Introduce a capital gains tax (17%).
- Increase subsidies for home buyers (2%).
- Increase the land supply/make resource consents easier (55%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Freightways' Dean Bracewell on potential acquisitions and growth
- Simpson Grierson’s Earl Gray says Brooks will probably appeal a controversial trade mark case
- ‘Clearly there’s a lot of public opposition’ – Horizon Research releases StuffMe merger survey results
- Maori party president Tukoroirangi Morgan on the agreement reached by the Maori and Mana parties
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel