All public holidays should be "Mondayised" if they fall on a weekend, according to NBR ONLINE subscribers.
In a poll conducted between January 7 and 13, subscribers were asked: Should public holidays be "Mondayised?"
Seventy-one percent of respondents said yes, while 29% disagreed.
The Holidays (Full Recognition of Waitangi Day & Anzac Day) Amendment Bill is due for its second reading this year.
It proposes to "Mondayise" Waitangi and Anzac days, meaning if either falls on a Saturday or Sunday the public holiday will be treated as falling on the following Monday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 34 featuring Hayden Cox
- Matthew Hooton on what a National win in Mt Roskill could mean for Labour
- Tim Hunter on Sky's awkward Chinese problem
- Paul Goldsmith's attempt at insolvency law reform has been hijacked by a 'basked of deplorables' says Damien Grant
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson