All public holidays should be "Mondayised" if they fall on a weekend, according to NBR ONLINE subscribers.
In a poll conducted between January 7 and 13, subscribers were asked: Should public holidays be "Mondayised?"
Seventy-one percent of respondents said yes, while 29% disagreed.
The Holidays (Full Recognition of Waitangi Day & Anzac Day) Amendment Bill is due for its second reading this year.
It proposes to "Mondayise" Waitangi and Anzac days, meaning if either falls on a Saturday or Sunday the public holiday will be treated as falling on the following Monday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OPINION: Initial observations on the Dotcom decision
- Hotels, motels facing 150% plus council rates increases to fund Ateed
- Sky TV-Vodafone merger: Competition lawyer rates odds of success for Spark's last-minute legal challenge
- Chinese crackdown helps Comvita to first-half loss
- PWC confirms OPI cash, finally
Most listened to
- Land Rover's severing of ties with Dan Carter is ‘a template for the way in which these things should be handled’
- Rick Shera - 'I suspect Kim Dotcom and his lawyers will be visiting the Supreme Court more than once'
- Tourism Association head Chris Roberts explains why the accommodation industry will fight 150% council rates rises
- PGG Wrightson CEO Mark Dewdney on the tough first-half but brightening outlook
- Competition lawyer Andy Matthews' rates Spark's chance of success with its Skyfone legal challenge