NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker