NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- A National-Greens deal would be disastrous for the minor party, Rob Hosking says
- Lane Neaves' Mark Williams discusses the latest Investor Plus figures
- Labour market expert Linda Kromjong discusses the future of work
- Beany founder Sue De Bievre says mistakes are never wasted when you're a serial entrepreneur
- Professor Sally Poppitt explains what the diabetes project hopes to deliver
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker