NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Craigs' Mark Lister on Spark's results, Ebos, Port of Tauranga and Tegel
- Beertown.nz founder Martin Craig on craft beer growth
- Difficult though it is for political insiders to accept, few New Zealanders are particularly engaged in Election 2017
- Trent Fulcher on how Heartland's investment will boost Fuelled
- Nevil Gibson explains why Kraft Heinz walked away so quickly from its $US143 billion takeover bid for Unilever