Postie Plus Group has again avoided a breach of its banking covenants and gained a 12-month extension on its facilities.
"Bank of New Zealand completed its annual review of the banking facilities," the Christchurch-based company says in a statement.
Postie Plus yesterday flagged potential breaches of its banking covenants for the months of November 2012, January and April 2013. That came after the retailer was forced to renegotiate terms of its loans with BNZ in October.
According to the company's latest annual report, Postie Plus had secured bank loans of about $9.76 million as at August 5 at an average interest rate of 5.15%.
Notes to the accounts show the company did not meet its interest to ebit ratio covenant of 1.5 times for the rolling 12 months to April 2012, though it was in compliance with proprietorship and liquidity covenants.
Postie Plus got a waiver in May of this year but the bank at that time reserved its rights pending an expected return to compliance.
In September, the company reported an annual net loss of $183,000 including one-off restructuring costs. The normalised full-year net profit was $493,000.
The shares (NZX: PPG) rose 5% to 21 cents. Volume was light, with just 2400 shares traded.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Crimson Consulting scholarship for Maori could be better, says Fox
- Briefcase: Anderson Lloyd visit The Factory (again) while Colin Craig haunts the High Court (again)
- Watson’s Bendon finalises takeover of Naked
- Waterview Tunnel will open in weeks, Finance Minister says
- Rocket Lab has liftoff but doesn't make it to orbit
Most listened to
- It’s "odd" StuffMe applicants are "so sensitive about anonymous submissions," says competition lawyer Andy Glenie
- Andrew Little, James Shaw, Steven Joyce and Bill English all weigh in on how good the budget was for Kiwi businesses
- Rob Hosking does not think it's good enough the Budget has left out reduced taxation on savings
- Lawyers are playing musical chairs in this week's Briefcase with John Bowie
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker