Freeman will sit on the board of Auckland-based Kiwi Income Properties, the property trust's manager, as an independent director, it said in a statement. She is currently a director of Foodstuffs North Island, ASB Bank and winemaker Delegats Group, and has previously been on the boards of Air New Zealand, SkyCity Entertainment Group, St George Bank NZ, Albert Street Dental, Publicis Group NZ, and Sheffield.
"Ms Freeman's wide knowledge of New Zealand business and her experience as a director will be invaluable in assisting us to continue to deliver upon our strategic objectives," chairman Mark Ford said. "Her experience in the New Zealand retail sector will also be highly valued."
Kiwi Income is New Zealand's second-largest listed property trust. Last year it internalised its management contract, paying Commonwealth Bank of Australia $70.5 million.
The units last traded at $1.18, and have an average rating of 'hold' according to four out of six analyst recommendations surveyed by Reuters, with a median price target of $1.19.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Rob Hosking's take on the Election 2017 provisional result, and what's likely to happen next
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Nick Shewring
- Shane Solly on what higher government bond yields mean for local equities
- Professor Andrew Geddis on the rules of engagement for MMP negotiations
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended September 22, with Grant Walker