Disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris was given a five year, nine month sentence overnight NZ time, but a Guardian report says he could be out within three years with good behaviour.
On Monday, a jury unanimously found Harris guilty of 12 indecent assaults against four girls — including one aged just seven or eight.
At his sentencing Friday, the judge made some jail terms concurrent and some consecutive, giving a total which was less than some observers had predicted.
The bad news for Harris: Attorney General Dominic Grieve is set to review the sentence following immediate complaints it was too light.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Order Paper: Rob Hosking on good intentions, political correctness and social investment
- Levante S is the ultimate Maserati SUV… and it’s coming to NZ
- Is Pence poised to dump Trump? asks Michael Coote
- Michael Wigley on the rising cybersecurity challenges for boards; the risks for directors; and how to deal with them
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker