Disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris was given a five year, nine month sentence overnight NZ time, but a Guardian report says he could be out within three years with good behaviour.
On Monday, a jury unanimously found Harris guilty of 12 indecent assaults against four girls — including one aged just seven or eight.
At his sentencing Friday, the judge made some jail terms concurrent and some consecutive, giving a total which was less than some observers had predicted.
The bad news for Harris: Attorney General Dominic Grieve is set to review the sentence following immediate complaints it was too light.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nikko analyst Michael Sherrock on why he still has hope for Fletcher Building
- John Fellet on Sky's poor first half
- Tower chairman Michael Stiassny weighs up Suncorp's rival bid
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- E tu Union industry coordinator Chas Muir is urging Cadbury supporters to take action
- Social bonds "will make a difference to communities," says APM CEO Karen Came