Former Nightline presenter Samantha Hayes will replace Guyon Espiner for TV3’s Third Degree.
The move follows Mr Espiner's announcement last year he will join Radio NZ to co-host Morning Report.
Ms Hayes will join former TV3 political editor Duncan Garner to co-host the current affairs programme.
MediaWorks director of News and Current Affairs Mark Jennings says audience feedback was positive towards having two presenters.
Ms Hayes has worked for TV3 since 2006 in various roles including a back-up anchor for morning show Firstline, as well as the now-defunct Nightline. She also had a short stint as the 3 News Australian correspondent.
She was recently named by Metro as Auckland’s sexiest woman.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Pumpkin Patch warns its shares are worthless
- Auckland Airport's job skills hub extended to other local companies
- Spark boss bins decoder but can't escape Sky
- NZ dollar falls against broadly stronger greenback after Draghi comments
- Red meat lobby group throws in the towel after bitter battle with Beef & Lamb
Most listened to
- John Key talks up the FTA with India, ahead of his trip to the sub-continent next week
- Dick Quax challenges Phil Goff on housing market. He explains what he wants the mayor-elect to do
- Sky TV’s John Fellet reflects on the highlights and lowlights of 25 years with the company – plus its merger prospects
- Auckland Airport's Adrian Littlewood on what's being done to sustain new airline routes
- Super Fund CEO Adrian Orr on its new climate change strategy