Defence Minister Wayne Mapp has confirmed that SAS troops will stay in Afghanistan until March next year.
Dr Mapp was questioned about New Zealand's special forces and aid efforts in the war-torn country in a defence select committee meeting today.
He said Cabinet had approved the provincial reconstruction team's placement in Bamiyan province until September next year and the SAS contingent until March.
He said the Defence Force anticipated New Zealand would retain some form of presence within the reconstruction team beyond next year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Damien Grant on a disturbing trend in the insolvency game
- Westland Milk chairman Matt O’Regan says the co-op's performance in the 2015/16 season was "less than desirable"
- Airwork’s Hugh Jones on his reasons for selling
- John Key warns "Hobson Pledge" group similar to Trump
- Massey University's David Tripe talking about ANZ's exposure to Pumpkin Patch