The Serious Fraud Office has confirmed it is investigating procurement irregularities at Auckland Transport.
The white-collar crime investigator executed a number of search warrants at several locations yesterday as it probes an unidentified number of individuals relating to "irregularities in the procurement of services," it said in a statement.
The investigation is being conducted under Part 2 of the Act, meaning the SFO director has reasonable grounds to believe an offence has been committed, which allows him to compel attendance at interviews. Under a Part 1 investigation the SFO can only require the release of documents.
Auckland Transport referred the matter to the SFO after an internal investigation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ardern cruises to Mt Albert victory, bringing Huo into Parliament
- Hooton: Racism lies behind Little’s kaupapa Maori attack
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall, Warehouse and Mercury NZ drop while Air NZ gains
- Carry on: Xiamen for Auckland, Cathay for Christchurch, Virgin for HK and more
- Hidesight: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker and Andrew Patterson
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring Joanna Blatstone and Neil Parischa
- Rodney Hide: Advance means retreat for glacier scientists
- Stewart Germann and Gehan Gunasekara go head-to-head on the franchising debate
- Racism lies behind Little’s kaupapa Maori attack, says Matthew Hooton