David Shearer is likely to remain the Labour Party leader until at least March next year, according to traders on the betting site iPredict.
Speculation is rife Mr Shearer has done his dash as leader and it is only a matter of who will replace him as leader.
iPredict traders, however, believe there is a 90% chance Mr Shearer will still be Labour leader on March 1, 2013.
They reckon there is a 56% chance he will depart as leader some time in 2013, but only a 19% chance he will leave before the end of this year.
When he does leave as leader, traders think there is a 55% probability David Cunliffe will replace him.
Deputy leader Grant Robertson has a 24% chance of being made leader, with newcomer Andrew Little on 4%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nikko analyst Michael Sherrock on why he still has hope for Fletcher Building
- Tower chairman Michael Stiassny weighs up Suncorp's rival bid
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- E tu Union industry coordinator Chas Muir is urging Cadbury supporters to take action
- Social bonds "will make a difference to communities," says APM CEO Karen Came