David Shearer is likely to remain the Labour Party leader until at least March next year, according to traders on the betting site iPredict.
Speculation is rife Mr Shearer has done his dash as leader and it is only a matter of who will replace him as leader.
iPredict traders, however, believe there is a 90% chance Mr Shearer will still be Labour leader on March 1, 2013.
They reckon there is a 56% chance he will depart as leader some time in 2013, but only a 19% chance he will leave before the end of this year.
When he does leave as leader, traders think there is a 55% probability David Cunliffe will replace him.
Deputy leader Grant Robertson has a 24% chance of being made leader, with newcomer Andrew Little on 4%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tourism Association head Chris Roberts explains why the accommodation industry will fight 150% council rates rises
- Competition lawyer Andy Matthews' rates Spark's chance of success with its Skyfone legal challenge
- Kiwibank CEO Paul Brock on rising mortgage book, falling profit
- Thincats’ Sunil Aranha on how Harmoney could cope in the competitive Australian market
- Nevil Gibson says Fitch Ratings has moved its main risk to the economy from dairy returns to house prices