Dame Jenny Shipley has been appointed chairwoman of Genesis Energy as part of a string of state owned enterprise governance announcements made today.
The appointment of the former prime minister was one of 24, including reappointments, announced by State Owned Enterprises Minister Simon Power.
Dame Jenny replaces Brian Corban, who has served for the past 10 years, while another energy company, Mighty River Power, will be chaired by recently appointed board member Joan Withers, who replaces Carole Durbin.
Four new deputy chairs have also been confirmed, including former finance minister Michael Cullen (NZ Post), John Ashby (AsureQuality), Janine Smith (Kordia) and Trevor Janes (Mighty River Power).
Another former prime minister, Jim Bolger (NZ Post), and John Palmer (Solid Energy), have been reappointed as chairmen for 12 months each.
The appointments and reappointments, including other directorships, take effect from between November 1 and January 1.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- First Union's Phil Graham on why Firth drivers are striking
- Now that the government has been confirmed, Rob Hosking looks at the ruling parties' next moves
- CMC Markets founder Peter Cruddas discusses market volatility and shake-ups
- Jenny Ruth wonders how rowdy the Fletcher Building AGM will be
- Escea boss Nigel Bamford on southern charm and being design-led
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily