Jan 24: Sir Paul Holmes has been discharged from hospital, his wife Lady Deborah and brother Ken said in a statement to media late this afternoon.
The broadcaster has returned to his Hawke's Bay home home, where he is being nursed. Family members are by his side.
Sir Paul Holmes hospitalised
Jan 23: Ailing broadcaster Sir Paul Holmes is back in hospital less than a week after being invested as a knight at his Hawke's Bay home.
His family have gathered in Hawke's Bay to be with him, where he is said to be in a stable condition in hospital, according to media reports.
Sir Paul's investiture was brought forward last week because of his deteriorating health.
He underwent surgery last year for an ongoing heart condition, but the added return of his prostate cancer made his health situation worse.
Sir Paul (62) retired from broadcasting late last year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nikko analyst Michael Sherrock on why he still has hope for Fletcher Building
- Tower chairman Michael Stiassny weighs up Suncorp's rival bid
- NBR VIEW: Screw the golfers, let's build houses instead – Green MP
- E tu Union industry coordinator Chas Muir is urging Cadbury supporters to take action
- Social bonds "will make a difference to communities," says APM CEO Karen Came