With less than three weeks to go before the promised launch of TVNZ’s Seven Sharp, the state broadcaster is scrambling for a sponsor.
TVNZ spin doctor Megan Richards confirmed former Close-Up sponsor Kia Motors will not renew its sponsorship for the new show.
Kia Motors declined to comment on why it pulled out, but a TVNZ insider told NBR ONLINE the car company was unhappy with the new format.
Ms Richards told NBR ONLINE that TVNZ was still on the hunt for sponsors for the show to be presented by Greg Boyed, Alison Mau and Jesse Mulligan.
“We’re making good progress and we’ve having positive feedback from the meetings we’ve had this week.”
Ms Richards says Seven Sharp is looking for sponsors to match its new audience.
“It’s pitching to a more inclusively young audience, It's not that we don’t want old viewers – we do – but we’d like to broaden the view.”
Doubt over the new show’s future comes just as TVNZ news boss Ross Dagan quit the broadcaster.
He had been in the role for less than one year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- What's in the Labour/NZ First agreement for businesses? Not much, so far
- English: I’m not going anywhere
- Regional economic development, job creation and immigration key priorities for the Coalition
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares extend gain as A2 hits new record; Ryman, Metlifecare, Summerset drop
- Rent-to-buy to become part of KiwiBuild under Greens-Labour confidence and supply agreement
Most listened to
- Lewis Road ceo Peter Cullinane says Southern Pastures was the best fit of potential investors they spoke to
- Telecommunications Users Association's Craig Young says Vocus are getting ready for a familiar experience, getting sold
- Labour leader Jacinda Ardern and NZ First leader Winston Peters discuss their foreign ownership plans
- Rodney Hide, unlike the public, is unsurprised at the insanity of politics
- Jacqueline Rowarth on how food production advances have influenced our consumption habits
- NBR Radio: The best interviews, with Grant Walker — updated daily