With less than three weeks to go before the promised launch of TVNZ’s Seven Sharp, the state broadcaster is scrambling for a sponsor.
TVNZ spin doctor Megan Richards confirmed former Close-Up sponsor Kia Motors will not renew its sponsorship for the new show.
Kia Motors declined to comment on why it pulled out, but a TVNZ insider told NBR ONLINE the car company was unhappy with the new format.
Ms Richards told NBR ONLINE that TVNZ was still on the hunt for sponsors for the show to be presented by Greg Boyed, Alison Mau and Jesse Mulligan.
“We’re making good progress and we’ve having positive feedback from the meetings we’ve had this week.”
Ms Richards says Seven Sharp is looking for sponsors to match its new audience.
“It’s pitching to a more inclusively young audience, It's not that we don’t want old viewers – we do – but we’d like to broaden the view.”
Doubt over the new show’s future comes just as TVNZ news boss Ross Dagan quit the broadcaster.
He had been in the role for less than one year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- FMA's Rob Everett says confidence in capital markets is increasing
- NBR's Rob Hosking says housing and debt are the two things people haven't grasped about Budget 2017
- FNZC's John Norling on last week's star stocks and this week's outlook
- RedShield founder explains what makes his cyber service so attractive to Fortune 500 companies
- Rodney Hide thinks Judy McGregor should be persuading companies to increase gender diversity instead of legislating
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 26, with Grant Walker