With less than three weeks to go before the promised launch of TVNZ’s Seven Sharp, the state broadcaster is scrambling for a sponsor.
TVNZ spin doctor Megan Richards confirmed former Close-Up sponsor Kia Motors will not renew its sponsorship for the new show.
Kia Motors declined to comment on why it pulled out, but a TVNZ insider told NBR ONLINE the car company was unhappy with the new format.
Ms Richards told NBR ONLINE that TVNZ was still on the hunt for sponsors for the show to be presented by Greg Boyed, Alison Mau and Jesse Mulligan.
“We’re making good progress and we’ve having positive feedback from the meetings we’ve had this week.”
Ms Richards says Seven Sharp is looking for sponsors to match its new audience.
“It’s pitching to a more inclusively young audience, It's not that we don’t want old viewers – we do – but we’d like to broaden the view.”
Doubt over the new show’s future comes just as TVNZ news boss Ross Dagan quit the broadcaster.
He had been in the role for less than one year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking with budget analysis. No lolly scramble but sweeteners aplenty
- Grant Thornton tax partner Murray Brewer with his take on the tax package
- NBR’s Calida Smylie talks to CTU policy head Bill Rosenberg in the Budget 2017 lock up
- OMF Financial’s Nigel Brunel discusses the economic implications of the Budget
- MetroGlass CEO Nigel Rigby on the outlook and market share position
- David Seymour gives Gareth Morgan a serve as the latest political party donations are disclosed
- NBR Radio: best of the week ended May 19, with Grant Walker