This is a supplied media release.
A varied career in the marketing research and the haircare and beauty products industries has brought Chris Jones to the position of national sales and franchise director for New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty.
Mr Jones took up the position in April, following two years as general manager for the North Island and previously as the company’s business development manager, a role held since March 2016.
“Our brand adds value to the property via the quality perception it brings,” says Mr Jones. “We have unparalleled international reach including into markets like Australia and Singapore which are likely to be unaffected by the upcoming change in foreign buyer legislation.”
He is now responsible for the revenue of the company which has 14 company-owned branches and four franchises locations across New Zealand.
Although the perception of New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty might be a company that only operates at the multi-million-dollar end of the market, Mr Jones said “In some areas we are selling properties below $1 million, however we can add value and market them as best in their class.”
Mark Harris, one of two managing directors for New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty, says he is very pleased to announce the appointment.
“Chris has played an integral role in the company’s growth and performance over the last two years and is ideally suited to this key position in the company,” Mr Harris says. “New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty plans to continue its expansion and recruitment of high calibre licensees across New Zealand over the coming year, and Chris will take the lead role in executing this."
Previously Mr Jones had managing director positions in the media and marketing services industries at Hypermedia New Zealand and Market Pulse International. After starting his working life as a guitarist in a rock band, he worked for Schwarzkopf on both sides of the Tasman, including a stint as the managing director in New Zealand, a position he also held for the Rodney Wayne hairdressing franchise group.
Mr Jones reports to New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty managing directors, Julian Brown and Mr Harris, who founded the privately-owned and operated company in 2005. It holds the exclusive rights to the Sotheby’s International Realty brand in New Zealand.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET WRAP: NZ shares fall on $100m Pushpay share selloff
- Pushpay co-founder Crowther sells $108m stake, exits
- Optus' World Cup streaming problems will send a chill down Spark's spine
- National rejects Westpac's capital gains tax assumptions
- Crackdown will force companies to say who their owners are
Most listened to
- Albert-Eden local board chairman Peter Haynes discusses a court battle over Chamberlain Park
- Westpac chief economist Dominick Stephens on how taxes impact housing
- Duncan Cotterill's Christina Lefever has concerns around proposed amendments to the government’s foreign buyers
- Tim Hunter questions whether Pie Funds' performance fee ditching will change the sector
- NBR Radio: The best interviews – updated daily, with Grant Walker